Monday 18 April 2011

SPRING TENTS & BONFIRE

You made me speechless. Thank you for your kind comments. Thank you so much.

The spring really is finally here. Flowers. First coffees and teas outdoors, a little bit of reading too. All the time bicycling and seeing new corners. A small trip to see forests, fields, more lakes. The last heaps of snow. Ended up to a summerhouse with friends, where a small bonfire was made. In the bonfire the best coffee and the best bread, dark chocolate filled bananas. Scent of smoke, like home. "Where is home, there is fire. Where is fire, can surely be also a home," from Ronja the Robber´s Daughter. Ronja is screaming for the spring. I scream for the nature.

The ice in lakes is melting so quickly. Every day a few new hues in its color. Right now a grey turning to green. Yesterday a handful of ice in my hands was like the sharpest gems, formed by rain and sun.

Windy greetings, with many curtseys.

P.s. A small interview.

(Another old painting from 2009 for Lifetime Collective.)

19 comments:

  1. What lovely patterns Anna Emilia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I want a tent like this :-) they are so beautiful! Please sew them in real, pleeeeaaase :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you made fabrics with these beautiful patterns on. They're just so lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with above comment: the patterns are amazing! I love the feel to your work, so calm but yet so passionate. I'm always stunned by it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Anna, thanks for putting a link to the interview! It was nice reading your answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These tents are wonderful, I could live in one of them:)
    Watching your work is a real pleasure. Good day and beautiful, inspiring weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hope you are writing a little book. i so adore reading your words and how they lift my spirit.

    i think i would like to have one of these tents in my backyard :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful patterns! Maybe some fabric design in your future?? And a book! Haha - you can do it all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Anna emilia...
    Beautiful tents...at first I really did think you had made comforters out of your designs...
    Thank you for passing by and saying hello.
    It made my morning brighter...we were gifted with snow this weekend...CANADA is still cold!
    BUT we are all healthy...and I am happy to have found a new project I will be continuing to work on...my roll of linen has brought me endless gifts.
    HUGS
    Char.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked your interview. Tove Jansson is a good pick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I was sick in the winter, my boyfriend was reading aloud to me the tale of Ronya))) I've never read it and I liked it)) a fantastic story)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. u made me smile with ronja the robber's daughter. it was one of my all time favourite kidsbook when i was little. a few month ago i watched the movie again after a lot of years of not havin seen it and was enchanted like i used to be as a kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely anna, back from my adventures in the scottish highlands! Read more here where there was a fire too, fire in the bothy, fire in the clayoven and lots of candles...
    http://sbeenfilms.blogspot.com/2011/04/venturing-into-spring.html

    I felt a bit like a Räubertochter this weekend! A big hug!xs

    ReplyDelete
  14. kauniit sanat, taas kerran. ja hieno haastattelu olikin. kukapa ei istuisi tove janssonin kanssa jos olisi tilaisuus?

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh these tents are just adorable! i really enjoy your work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The idea of these tents makes me dream about being inside them. Reverie. Complete reverie. Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Anna,

    thank you so much for your lovely words! They ment a lot! Your tents look so beautiful, i´m sure you´re a great fabric designer - i´d love to wear a dress in each amazing pattern.

    Have a nice Spring - Easter- weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would like to sleep in these tents, In a sweet forest...

    ReplyDelete